St Joseph's Catholic School was first established by the Sisters of Mercy in 1898 and was built on the site in Stanley Street . The school was opened by Bishop Doyle. The school has gone through many transformations and has been dismantled and rebuilt over the years. The classrooms were refurbished in 2005 with an addition of a new administration block.
In 2012 a new learning block was added. We have come along way since our beginnings in 1898. Now our learning spaces are first class contemporary and flexible environments where students are catered for in creative and engaging ways of learning. So the journey continues...we are very proud of our past and look forward to the future and live every day in the excitement of the present.